2017 Quantical trip

My Dear Friends & Families,

Please accept our heartfelt gratitude for you and your families’ sacrifices in the defense of our grateful nation.

As a congenial award, we invite you all to bring your spouse or adult child and join us from September 16-22, 2017 on a luxury Bus Trip to MCB Quantico/ National  USMC Museum VA.

Get away from every day stressful life. Take a vacation, comfortable Bus to travel, share memories, good food and comraderies. You will meet young and old peace keeping warriors.

We strongly encourage individuals and the MCL Detachments to sponsor Marines in partaking the Fellowship of our beloved United States Marine Corps.

We will rededicate the “Fallen Warrior” Memorial sponsored by Dept. Of WI Marine Corps League.

You will be awed by the Modern Day Marines expo.

We may see Silent Drill team or the Sunset Parade.

All arrangements have been made, schedule of events is in the making. More info to follow.

Please fill out the attached  form, mail it by July 3, 2017 with Bus and Hotel fair checks to:

Dept. Of WI MCL, Dean Butzler, 2449 Murphy Woods Rd, Beloit, WI 53511-2345

We thank you all and look forward to your participation, God Bless us all, Amen!

Semper Fidelis,


Jamil S. Khan
Vice Commandant MCL District 6 WI
LTCOL United States Marine Corps, Retired
Home: 608-580-0666

Download (PDF, 81KB)

Marines Wanted

Our Detachment is looking for Marines in Northeast Wisconsin who would like to reconnect with fellow Marine veterans in the area. We are also looking to grow our Detachment so that we can do more to help out our fellow veterans. Our Detachment has a lot to offer to our fellow veterans including community events, fundraising, assist local veterans in need, and build on our camaraderie and brotherhood. Please come to one of our monthly meetings or if you see a red garrison cover in the community, please stop over. We would love to hear from you.

DNR Salutes our Veterans

The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources would like to thank both those currently serving and those who have previously served in the armed forces. A number of opportunities exist to enjoy Wisconsin’s outdoors, and to thank you for your past and present service, we would like to remind you of some privileges offered by the department.

· Resident Purple Heart recipients can purchase a Conservation Patron license at a reduced rate (Resident – $10, Nonresident – $161). In addition, a non-resident Purple Heart recipient may receive hunting, fishing and trapping approvals at resident rates.

· Returning Wisconsin resident veterans will receive a one-time free small game, archery, gun deer or annual fishing license. Veterans who wish to receive a free hunting or fishing license must first contact the Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA) to determine their eligibility for this program. Eligible veterans will receive a voucher code that may be redeemed at the DNR within 365 days of discharge. Voucher codes may be redeemed in one of two ways:

1. In person at any DNR Service Center, or

2. By calling the DNR Call Center at 1-888-WNDRINFo (1-888-936-7463) to receive your free license by mail or to arrange for pick up at any DNR Service Center.

· Veterans may qualify for a one-time fee waiver for an occupational or professional license. To find out if you qualify for the fee waiver program or to find a complete list of eligible Wisconsin licenses visit Department of Veterans Affairs [exit DNR]. Veteran’s eligibility related questions should be directed to the Veteran’s Benefit Resource Center via web chat [exit DNR], email or phone 1-800-947-8387. A list of licenses that qualify for a veterans license fee waiver can be found here.

· Certain Wisconsin resident disabled veterans and former prisoners of war are eligible to receive waivers of vehicle admission and trail pass fees. To apply for this fee waiver, follow the instructions below.

1. Download and complete the Disabled Veteran Free State Park/Forest/Trail Pass Application [PDF]

2. Take the completed application to your County Veteran Service Officer [exit DNR] (CVSO) to certify. The application must be signed and stamped by the CVSO.

3. Mail the certified application to:
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Bureau of Parks and Recreation 101 S Webster St PO Box 7921 Madison WI 53707

4. The Bureau of Parks and Recreation will mail you an identification card to be presented each time you visit a state park, forest or recreation area. The park, forest or recreation area will then issue a courtesy pass for the day. When using state trails requiring a trail pass, carry the identification card with you.
· You can find more information here.

Leave a Reply