Detachment Events for November
Sat., November 3 NO Door Peninsula MCL Detachment meeting in Sturgeon Bay
Sat., November 3 Marine Corps Birthday Celebration at the Nightingale Restaurant
in Sturgeon Bay. Please RSVP by October 30 to either
Commandant at 920-495-4955
Adjutant at email@example.com
Sat., November 3 There will be a brief informal MCL meeting at the Birthday Celebration dinner.
Sat., November 10 Veterans Day Dinner at Corpus Christi Church. Free tickets can be picked
up at the church office.
5:45 Posting of the Colors
Sat., November 10 Marine Corps Ball in Green Bay
The Door Peninsula Detachment will be sponsoring a table. If you are interested in attending, contact Thomas Howlett at Lpm.firstname.lastname@example.org by October 30th.
Sun., November 11 Door Peninsula Detachment’s Rose Fundraiser at the Packer Game.
Armed Forces Drive
Help is needed from members to work the event in order to secure funds necessary for the detachment’s goals of helping Marines.
8:00 A.M. set up
7:30 A.M. meet at the Vets Center on South Ashland Ave. for transportation to the Stadium area, if needed.
This is important to the detachment and the veterans’ needs it supports. PLEASE HELP. (The crowd interaction can be fun as well.)
Fri., November 16 Veterans Forum
UW-Green Bay, Union
Free event for Veterans and families
• Come, bring family members, and learn what programs, support services, and educational opportunities are available for Veterans and their families. A variety of speakers will be presenting in breakout sessions.
• The Door Peninsula MCL Detachment will have a table at the event along with possibly 100 other vendors. Your help is needed to set up, share the detachment’s activities, and promote membership.
If you can help with set up and/or staffing the table, please contact Kris at
920-498-3749 or email@example.com.
Set up: 8:00 to 9:00
Sessions: 9:00 to 4:00
Sat., December 1 Regular Door Peninsula MCL Detachment meeting
DAV, Scheuring Road, De Pere
Door Peninsula MCL Detachment’s Birthday Celebration
Door Peninsula Detachment MCL 1130
2017 Summary of Event Participation, Programs and Donations
Events and Participation
January 7 Membership meeting in Sturgeon Bay
February 4 Membership meeting in DePere
March 4 Membership meeting in Sturgeon Bay
April 1 Membership meeting in DePere
May 6 Membership meeting in Sturgeon Bay New Associate member Randy Scannell
May 20 Participation in food preparation for Armed Forces Day Breakfast in Door County
June 3 Membership meeting in DePere New Associate member Kris Michell
June 6 Devil Dog 99th Anniversary Celebrate, J. Vanidestine’s, Green Bay
June 14 Booth at Ride to Rescue Event sponsored by Mit Liebe German Shepard Rescue Accepted guitar on behalf of Guitars for Vets
July 7-9 Logging Fest at Marinette, Wisconsin
September 16 Harvest Fest Brat Fry fundraiser in Sturgeon Bay
September 30 Eagle Scout Presentations at Troop 1113 – 3 scouts recognized
November to December Toys for Tots/Kids
November 5 Veterans Day Concert – Members participation at Prince of Peace Church Sturgeon Bay
November Membership meeting in Sturgeon Bay
November 6 Lambeau Field Rose Sale prior to GB Packer game 3:30 to 7:30 P.M. Armed Forces Drive with booth & trailer 10 members stationed themselves throughout the Stadium District
November 10 USMC Birthday Celebration and Dinner Nightingale Supper Club, Sturgeon Bay
November 10 Detachment members participated in Veterans Day recognition at Sevastopol High School
November 11 HOO AH 20 Mile Ruck March for Veteran Suicide Awareness MCL trailer at Stadium View Four Detachment members greeted returning walkers
November 27 Fisher House Run – Member Lisa Drossart attended to represent MCL Detachment 1130
November __ Jason attended the Marine Corps Ball with his son
Jason presented at Boy Scout Troop about Marine Corps
December 2 Membership meeting in DePere
Surgeries: Pat Klapatch, Buck Honoid, Jon Koch
Family Support: Matt Stevenson
Marine passing: Robert Harbick
Spouse passing: Tim Karisin, Darrell Viste
Illness: Steve Selvick, Lee Verkulien
Holiday food baskets for senior MCL members or surviving spouses
Our Detachment is looking for Marines in Northeast Wisconsin who would like to reconnect with fellow Marine veterans in the area. We are also looking to grow our Detachment so that we can do more to help out our fellow veterans. Our Detachment has a lot to offer to our fellow veterans including community events, fundraising, assisting local veterans in need, and building on our camaraderie and brotherhood. Please come to one of our monthly meetings or if you see a red garrison cover in the community, please stop over. We would love to hear from you.
DNR Salutes our Veterans
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources would like to thank both those currently serving and those who have previously served in the armed forces. A number of opportunities exist to enjoy Wisconsin’s outdoors, and to thank you for your past and present service, we would like to remind you of some privileges offered by the department.
· Resident Purple Heart recipients can purchase a Conservation Patron license at a reduced rate (Resident – $10, Nonresident – $161). In addition, a non-resident Purple Heart recipient may receive hunting, fishing and trapping approvals at resident rates.
· Returning Wisconsin resident veterans will receive a one-time free small game, archery, gun deer or annual fishing license. Veterans who wish to receive a free hunting or fishing license must first contact the Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA) to determine their eligibility for this program. Eligible veterans will receive a voucher code that may be redeemed at the DNR within 365 days of discharge. Voucher codes may be redeemed in one of two ways:
1. In person at any DNR Service Center, or
2. By calling the DNR Call Center at 1-888-WNDRINFo (1-888-936-7463) to receive your free license by mail or to arrange for pick up at any DNR Service Center.
· Veterans may qualify for a one-time fee waiver for an occupational or professional license. To find out if you qualify for the fee waiver program or to find a complete list of eligible Wisconsin licenses visit Department of Veterans Affairs [exit DNR]. Veteran’s eligibility related questions should be directed to the Veteran’s Benefit Resource Center via web chat [exit DNR], email or phone 1-800-947-8387. A list of licenses that qualify for a veterans license fee waiver can be found here.
· Certain Wisconsin resident disabled veterans and former prisoners of war are eligible to receive waivers of vehicle admission and trail pass fees. To apply for this fee waiver, follow the instructions below.
1. Download and complete the Disabled Veteran Free State Park/Forest/Trail Pass Application [PDF]
2. Take the completed application to your County Veteran Service Officer [exit DNR] (CVSO) to certify. The application must be signed and stamped by the CVSO.
3. Mail the certified application to:
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Bureau of Parks and Recreation 101 S Webster St PO Box 7921 Madison WI 53707
4. The Bureau of Parks and Recreation will mail you an identification card to be presented each time you visit a state park, forest or recreation area. The park, forest or recreation area will then issue a courtesy pass for the day. When using state trails requiring a trail pass, carry the identification card with you.
· You can find more information here.